CAP500-16 Corinthian Cap 25"W x 18 1/2"H for 16" top column
CLICK PDF PIC BELOW TO SEE MORE DETAILS:
High Density Polyurethane or HDP is a very hard foam that feels like wood, but is significantly better.
Spectis Moulders polyurethane columns and porch posts are more durable than wood and do not require continuous maintenance or rot repair that wood products demand.
Our polyurethane columns easily conceal existing unsightly support posts or pipes already in place: in fact, our Polyurethane line is a great choice for installation around existing supports because we can provide the shaft in two halves, all you have to do is glue them back together using our PLP100 Premium Glue.
Shop our polyurethane columns to match your Cap or Base Below:
Add one of our crowns or capitals and bases to further enhance the look. Every column comes primed with a high quality primer and requires a paint finish.
All Spectis products are shipped from Canada and are Crated or Boxed very nicely for shipping. Always use PL Premium Adhesive(PLP100) when installing.
Spectis also makes moldings, mouldings, balusters, railings, blocks, gingerbreads, columns, sunbursts, keystones, arches, louvers, medallions, niches and much more.
- Does Spectis Moulders products come with a warranty?
Yes. All Spectis Moulding products are fully backed by a Manufacturer’s Warranty.
- Are Spectis Columns load bearing? Our Spectis Columns come Hollow or Structural, The Hollow Columns have no structural value and are perfect for wrapping existing posts. Our Structural Columns come with a 4-1/2" Steel Post in the center and have a Max Safe Load of 10,000 pounds.
- How are Spectis urethane Columns installed?
Installation of Spectis Moulding Columns is very easy. Our Columns can be installed the same way wood products are, using nails, glue, or screws.
- View our Literature: COLUMN INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
- View our Video: INSTALLATION VIDEO
- Spectis Columns are made from urethane. What is urethane?
Polyurethane is created by mixing isocyanate and resin. The mixture is poured or injected in a liquid state into Spectis's custom moulds. Once in the mould, a chemical reaction occurs, causing the urethane to expand and quickly harden. The mixture is kept under pressure in the mould as it expands to any desired shape. When fully formed, the product is removed from the mould, the excess removed, and given an exterior grade primer coating.
- Urethane or Polyurethane is an advanced building material that has amazing benefits vs. it's wood counterpart.
- Spectis Products come fully primed and ready for your paint.
- Spectis is lighter than wood, but has about the same density as pine.
- Spectis can be used on the interior or exterior of the home.
- Spectis won't split, rot, crack, and is impervious to insects like termites.
- Spectis installs just like wood, can be nailed, glued, or screwed.
- Will Spectis Urethane Columns last outdoors?
Yes they will. Spectis products are an excellent choice for interior or exterior projects because they will not rot, crack, or split like wood, and they are water-resistant, and impervious to insect attacks.
- Is there any sanding required before I can paint Spectis products?
Yes and No. If you have used PLP100 Glue to join columns back together, it will be wise to sand down the exess glue before you finish your columns, Otherwise Spectis columns come factory-primed and ready for finishing.
- Do I have to prime Spectis products before painting them?
No. Spectis products come double-primed for interior or exterior applications. For best results we recommend painting Spectis with a high quality latex paint. All Spectis Products can be painted any color you desire, and can also be faux finished, gel stained, or marbleized for a more decorative look.
Spectis Virtual Catalog Click Here
OR CLICK THE PICTURE BELOW